Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Eric's Nursery

So we have decided on the theme for Eric's nursery.  We went back and forth between a couple contenders, but I love the final pick and I think Eric will love it too (once he can appreciate it...)!

So here are the contenders:

Safari Express from Babies R Us...it's cute but a little too babyish and not bright enough for me.  Ricky liked it best.

Animal Parade from Babies R Us...I liked this a lot until I couldn't find it anymore.  It would be good for a little girl if that would be our next...Ricky didn't favor this one too much.

After going through Babies R Us and registering for little blankets, there were some with little monsters on them and I fell in love!  Well Babies R Us carries Peek-a-boo Monsters theme and it was just too cute!

But....
after a google image search for monster nursery ideas to get better photos of the Peek-a-boo theme, I found a better idea! We wanted bright and a little more saturated than pastels from the beginning so this was just perfect! And not so babyish that it could be transformed into a toddler room with little effort!





Isn't it adorable!?  And I get to DIY a lot of the stuff! So excited about that!  The bedding is from Target and is called Geo Brights.  Love that it's pretty neutral and you can do almost anything with it.

I went to Joann's today to look at some fabrics that would be cute as curtains or pillows and found some cute things.  



I like this one for a fleece blanket that I can make for little man.  It will be perfect! 

This one is my favorite! Might be the winner!  We'll have to see after the bedding gets here.
So I don't want to give away too much as to what will be in the nursery...you'll just have to wait and see when it's all done! Maybe I'll give little sneak peeks along the way... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment