Thursday, February 7, 2013

12 weeks...

I had my second OB appointment on Monday and I got to hear the heartbeat again...I just can't get enough of that! It's so beautiful and really makes me feel connected to that little guy/gal in there.  :)

Genetic screening was today...just the non-invasive screening.  No needles in the belly, no scary stuff, just an ultrasound and finger prick.  Ricky and I decided that we would do the non-invasive just to be prepared if something abnormal did come as a result.  The invasive sounds too scary and dangerous and any results of the non-invasive would NEVER cause us to make a decision we felt uncomfortable with.  It's basically just to be prepared if there is something identified as a potential problem.  Being in my field, I see these kids with these anomalies every day and early intervention is key to helping the child have a quality of life as normal as possible.  You can never be too prepared.

It went great! I got finger pricked for some blood work and then laid on the ultrasound table for about 45 minutes watching that sweet little baby move all around.  The tech eventually got her measurements, but only after a TON of moving around, arms and legs up, sucking a thumb, covering its face, and rolling over. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!  I heard the heartbeat again and it was nice and strong at 161 bpm.  (I asked if it's normal for it to drop like that since it was 180 bpm before. She said yes and no worries, it's nice and strong and right where they like to see it). The doctor came in and said my preliminary numbers looked good and normal and I'll have my blood work with final numbers by Tuesday.  So we'll have to be patient and wait for that news.

So onto the fun stuff!!!



Look at that cute little button nose! :)



how far along? 12 weeks and 2 days! (2nd trimester is almost here!!)

how are you measuring? right on schedule!

size of baby? my book says about the size of a plum.  

heartbeat? I got to hear it at my appointment on Monday and today at my screening and it sounds good! Nice and strong at 161 bpm!

total weight gain/loss? still only at about 5 pounds, although my bump is looking less bloated (which is fine by me!)

maternity clothes? went to destination maternity and got some leggings (Hallelujah!) and Goodwill for cheap maternity clothes (everything I got there was brand new with tags still on! Jackpot!)

stretch marks? not yet.

sleep? My cold is pretty much gone with the exception of night time stuffy nose so I sleep good other than occasionally getting up to use the little girls' room...ugh!

best moment this week? the 45 minute ultrasound...best 45 minutes of the pregnancy so far!  I will never get enough of seeing and hearing that sweet little bugger!

movement? nothing yet.

food cravings? This week it's Dr. Pepper, bowls of any cereal and Teddy Grahams.

gender predictions? I'm starting to hear more people say "boy" and that's my feeling.  Ricky is still convinced it's a girl.

how are you feeling? on a scale of 1-10 (10 being awesome), I'm about an 8.5.  Awesome would be if my regular clothes fit and I could rest my elbows on my knees without being totally uncomfortable.  Pregnancy is being good to me!

what i miss: Lately, fast food.  I can't eat it at all because baby totally rejects it.  But I see other people eating it and wish I could.  But it's good that I can't since I'm eating more fruit and veggies than ever before!

what i'm looking forward to: 2nd trimester, more energy, finding out the gender, meeting the baby (i know, it's not for quite some time, but I can't wait!), and going home to show everyone "the bump"!  I miss home a lot right now and wish I could see everyone...hopefully a trip is in the cards soon!


Talk to you soon!
Love,
Ami
Ricky
and
Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment