Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Couple of Weeks Must-Haves

I learned very quickly what works best for my body at this point in time.  The list below is just a few of the things that have made for some more comfortable days and nights in the last few weeks.


1.  Lemonheads: These little puppies have been taking away my nausea for the past week or so.  These are the tastiest but basically any hard lemon candy works.  So thank you, Lemonheads, for being there for my queasy belly! :)

2.  My trusty body pillows: I currently have two and am taking up about 3/4 of the bed {sorry, Ricky}.  They give me the back support I need and keep me on my side besides rolling onto my back or onto my growing belly.  We might be investing in a boppy body pillow.  Those things are freakin' huge! But they sure do look comfy!

3.  Good Ol' H2O: I invested in a nice water bottle to take to work with me and fill up as I drink gallons of water a day.  Not only is this pretty much a requirement for preggers, but it takes away some of the nausea too.  Just a swig after a wave is all it takes.  Of course, this leads me to the ladies' room about 52 times a day, but it's all for the lil' one! :)

4.  The BeBand: I love this thing!!!!  I bought this right after Christmas and it has saved my life.  None of my clothes fit me anymore so this little thing covers up my unbuttoned pants and lets me breathe.  {Update: I have since grown larger and require low-waist maternity pants, which are crazy comfy!}.  BeBand is a great investment for those early weeks when clothes start getting a little too tight!

5.  Saltines: I ate a whole box of these things in a week when nausea was pretty bad.  They're a great snack too even if there is no nausea.  I'm sure every preggers out there would put this on their must-have list.  Cute story about saltines: We were leaving my first OB appointment and on the elevator a guy with his wife asked if I was pregnant.  When I said yes, he said he could tell from the saltines and bottle of water in my arms. His wife is 16 weeks and saltines are still her vice.  I hope that isn't me at 16 weeks...

So these are the must-haves of the first couple of weeks.  I still use all of these {the BeBand is kinda out now that I'm bigger} and I will probably use them throughout the pregnancy.  Thankfully, nausea is pretty much gone now with the exception of a wave or two if I'm hungry or smell something putrid.  Maybe I'll have Ricky do a Preggers' Husband must-have list.  I'm sure his would be entertaining.  I do know he is thankful for the alone time he gets between 8 pm and his bedtime.  I'm out like a light around 8 almost every night.

We ordered our mattress yesterday and it is due to arrive today so tonight's sleep should be GLORIOUS!!!  I'll let you know!

That's all for now.  See you next time!

Love,
Ami
Ricky 
and
Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment